Big Data Engineer
Do you thrive in a data-driven work environment? We are looking for a Big Data Engineer who will design solutions for the extraction and manipulation of large data sets. As one of the leading ad networks in the business, Adcash generates huge amounts of data on a daily basis. The constant flow of terabytes presents us with unique challenges, requiring creative and highly scalable solutions. This is an opportunity that will allow you to grow and contribute in a competitive, yet friendly environment.
What you will do…
- Extract and manipulate terabyte-scale data sets.
- Collaborate with our data science department.
- Create, maintain and analyze the performance of complex models, and bring them into production.
- Work in interactive Java, Scala and Python environments.
We'd love to meet someone with...
- a degree in Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or Computer Science
- hands-on experience with Java, Python and shell scripting
- proficiency with UNIX/Linux based environments
- good understanding of SQL
- strong analytical, communication and collaboration skills
What would be a bonus...
- working knowledge of Scala
- experience with Hadoop, Spark, Hive, HBase, Kafka, Redis
- extensive knowledge of regression, classification and optimization
- familiarity with real-time bidding systems and recommender systems
- competence in working with large datasets
A little bit about Adcash
Adcash is an industry-leading media buying tool for digital advertisers, media buyers and ad networks worldwide. Our team has been rocking the ad tech industry since 2007 and we’ve offices in Tallinn, Barcelona and Sofia.
Our mission is to reshape the future of online advertising by making it simple and accessible to every business. We are using a service-oriented approach when developing our applications. For the developer, this translates as participating in: protocol definition between different APIs and services, implementation of authentication and authorization systems, architecture definition of scalable service suite.
In terms of the tech stack, we offer plenty of diversity. We are welcome to new suggestions for languages/frameworks/technologies. We believe there is the most suitable tool for every problem. Due to the high traffic volumes and their volatility we use bleeding-edge technologies to keep up with the scale. Developers participate in the design and implementation of those solutions.
Some impressive figures that show the scale of our operations:
- 90B requests per month;
- between 1000 and 1500 servers;
- between 5000 CPU cores and 6000 CPU cores to handle the requests;
- 17TB of RAM for our data platform.
Do you wish to join our fun-loving team, full of data-driven innovators and passionate collaborators? We'd love to hear from you! Please send us your resume in English.
Don’t forget to check out our Instagram account to find out more what it is to be an Adcasher!